Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Going Natural


This summer has been about waiting. In terms of treatment there is nothing I will likely be able to do until sometime in September. That has been a huge frustration for me this summer... all this time and energy and I'm forced to wait. On a bad day it feels like it's all very unfair. On a good day I can see how waiting might be a good thing. Especially during my last cycle, my body was put through a lot and could probably use a break.


I've had the book, "The Infertility Cure" on my shelf for almost a year. It was lent to me by a friend but at the time I didn't feel like reading anything else related to infertility, especially about Chinese medicine which I had no interest in. But recently I've read through a few chapters which has led me to look into some natural therapies. I figured I have time, I might as well investigate. So last week I met with a naturopath who focuses on fertility and she suggested acupuncture. I've heard good things about how it can really increase success rates so I've decided to try it. My first session is on Saturday. The best part was when she took my history and told me I would have lots of babies. Depending on her definition of lots, I hope she's right. It gave me hope and at this stage you grab onto anything that will help you keep going.


So while I wait I've decided the only thing I can do is make sure my body is as healthy as it can be when I'm able to start treatment again. Who knows if will make make a difference, but I know it can't hurt and gives me something to focus on in the mean time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to read your comments. If you know me, please comment anonymously (you can use your initials) and remember not to use my name. Thanks!